Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"Reach down your hand in your pocket, pull out some hope for me"

Tumblr_lqbuyde5oz1qj065bo1_500_large
Well, today I was back at UAB, but not the ER this time. (Thank the Lord.) I had an appointment with a geneticist to check for some issues regarding my collapsed lung back in April. I was so nervous going back to that hospital, seeing people being wheeled around in wheelchairs just like I was only six months ago. But, thankfully, everything looked okay. I think I'm alright now, which is definitely what I was wanting to hear! I feel like sometimes we forget what all we have to be thankful for. One trip to that hospital-or any hospital for that matter-will make you realize just how much you have and how grateful you should be. There are people who get admitted to that hospital and never leave. Spending a week in April on the pulmonary floor, next door to patients with terrible diseases put a new perspective in me. I'm so blessed and I should be more thankful for all I have...including my health.

Sorry to be so depressing...it just happens sometimes.
Thanks for reading!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment